Americans for Informed Democracy is a national youth network taking action to demand a more peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. We are a virtual, member-driven community using the most exciting and innovative techniques for organizing communities for social change.
We are seeking Project Leaders to oversee the development of several core products this coming spring, including our journal, training curriculum, a new online resource for students, and a new youth activist training. Leaders will work on one or two of these projects; thus we are seeking several talented individuals for this position. This is an amazing opportunity for budding young leaders who want concrete experience designing and executing projects. The Lead will be expected to work 5 hours/week through July 2013.
Who We Are:
Americans for Informed Democracy (AIDemocracy)’s vision is that every young person in the United States exercises their power to bring about a peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. Our mission is to educate, cultivate and mobilize a network of young people to take informed action around our individual and collective roles as global citizens. We are the only national youth network that takes a comprehensive approach to global issues, and we place equal emphasis on empowering young leaders and inspiring action to build a better world. We are a virtual, member-driven, self-funded community.
The four projects we’re developing are:
- Training program: Identifying and executing our popular online training program for young global activists. This will include finalizing session content, recruiting speakers, promoting the events and facilitating the sessions.
- Journal: Supporting the development of our bi-annual youth magazine. Responsibilities will include identifying stories, recruiting writers and building partnerships to promote or sponsor the product.
- Activist camp: Supporting the development of a week-long activist training camp in Summer 2013. This will include finalizing content, promoting the training, identifying speakers and overseeing logistics.
- Online resource: Leading the development of an online resource for youth activists, hosted in our WordPress site. This will include researching resources, posting content and promoting the resource.
Specific Responsibilities will Include:
- Working with AIDemocracy leadership and other teams to finalize product ideas and objectives. We have some amazing ideas we’re excited about, and you will help us think through the final touches.
- Developing project strategy, including objectives, activities and timeline.
- Launching projects, and ensuring we’re meeting initial objectives for spring 2013.
- Working with leadership team to identify resources and support needed to make projects happen.
This is a virtual, volunteer position. Gurus will contribute 5-8 hours/week through July 2013, with the option to extend through the end of the year.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
This is an exciting position for organized young leaders who want to take their skills to the next level. Applicants should be eager to learn project design and strategy development, and be willing to get their hands dirty to make these ideas happen. They should also be comfortable working virtually with minial supervision. The biggest thing we’re looking for are people who are excited, want to learn, believe in our mission, and can make this commitment.
Send a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis; we will fill the position as soon as possible.