Americans for Informed Democracy is a national youth network taking action to demand a more peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. We are a virtual, member-driven community using the most exciting and innovative techniques for organizing communities for social change.
We are seeking Web Gurus to manage our websites (www.aidemocracy.org and www.globalscholar.org). The Guru will ensure content is fresh and interesting, support contributor posting of new material, and ensure general functioning of the sites. The Guru will also play a key role in helping us identify ways to improve and expand these sites, and lead on the redesign / relaunch of our main site in spring 2013. This is an amazing opportunity for a tech savvy individual who wants to expand his/her skills around web management, content development and design. The Guru will be expected to work 3-5 hours/week through July 2013.
Who we are:
Americans for Informed Democracy (AIDemocracy)’s vision is that every young person in the United States exercises their power to bring about a peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. Our mission is to educate, cultivate and mobilize a network of young people to take informed action around our individual and collective roles as global citizens. We are the only national youth network that takes a comprehensive approach to global issues, and we place equal emphasis on empowering young leaders and inspiring action to build a better world. We are a virtual, member-driven, self-funded community.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring content is updated, fresh and interesting. This will include identifying and preparing new content for the sites.
- Supporting contributor posting of content on the sites. We have several dozen network leaders who regularly post blog content.
- Produce front-page stories highlighting the main work and successes of our network.
- Supporting WordPress platform and widget updates, and flagging new developments we should have on our radar.
- Playing a key role in the relaunch of our main site in Spring 2013. This will include helping finalize layout, transferring over content, developing new content, and promoting the new design.
- Serving as a general resource for best practices on web design and content.
This is a virtual, volunteer position. Gurus will contribute approximately 5 hours/week through June 2013.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
This is an exciting position for a proven tech-savvy young leader who wants to take his/her skills to the next level. Applicants should have some experience with WordPress, web design, and editing web content. The biggest thing we’re looking for are people who are excited, want to learn, believe in our mission, and can make this commitment.
Send a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis; we will fill the position as soon as possible.